Soft & Delicious Gingerbread Cookies

Gingerbread cookies are my all time favorite kind of cookie! They are perfect for the holiday season but I'll be honest I eat the...



Gingerbread cookies are my all time favorite kind of cookie! They are perfect for the holiday season but I'll be honest I eat these all year round. This is my favorite recipe for them and I can eat an entire batch by myself they are just so good!

Ingredients:
  •  2 1/4 cups flour
  •  2 TSP ground ginger
  •  1 TSP baking soda
  •  3/4 TSP cinnamon
  •  1/2 TSP ground cloves
  •  1/4 TSP salt
  •  3/4 cup of softened butter
  •  1 cup granulated sugar
  •  1 egg
  •  1 TBSP water
  •  1/4 cup molasses

Directions: 

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 

First start off by mixing the dry ingredients : flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set this aside. 

Start to cream together your butter and sugar. When creamed, add the egg and mix together. Once well mixed add the water and molasses and mix well. Then gradually add the dry mixture while mixing. You should be left with a dough consistency. 

Flour a rolling pin and a surface to cut your cookies. I used a snowflake cutter but to make round ones just place about walnut sized balls onto a cookie sheet. 

Place your cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet, sprinkle the tops with sugar, and place in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes.

Let cool then you can glaze them. I mixed together powdered sugar with a little bit of water until I got the consistency I wanted and I attempted to make a snowflake design on the cookies.


Enjoy!






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images