Make Your Own Candles - DIY Candles For Fall

One thing that makes it really start to feel like fall are some fall scented candles! I love the Bath and Body Works Candles but they start...

One thing that makes it really start to feel like fall are some fall scented candles! I love the Bath and Body Works Candles but they start to add up and can get expensive when you have an obsession with them like me! I decided to try making my own candles and I really like how they turned out. They were also so inexpensive and really easy to make!


I used two different containers for my candles. One was just a plain white bowl from Wal-mart and I just decorated it with an oil based sharpie. The other was a glass container with a chalkboard label on it from Hobby Lobby both were under $5.


The first thing to do is to glue down the wicks. I got my wicks from hobby lobby and I just glued them to the bottom with some hot glue.


To heat up the wax I just created a double boiler basically. I just filled a pot with water about half way and put this bowl on top. I turned the heater onto medium high heat and let the wax melt in the bowl.



Once the wax is melted down  you can pour in the scent. I used a whole 1 oz. bottle of scent to about 2 cups of wax. When I make more I'm going to use even more scent than that so it can be a little bit stronger.


Then just stir in the scent and pour the wax into the container.



Let them sit for about an hour until they harden up.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images