DIY Leaf Pillow

I know this is a little bit late going up, but I still really wanted to post it because I think it is such a cute accent pillow for a room o...

I know this is a little bit late going up, but I still really wanted to post it because I think it is such a cute accent pillow for a room or home. It's also probably one of the easiest pillows to make and inexpensive as well. I decided I will still post this, even though I am putting it up when everyone is taking down fall decor and putting up winter/Christmas decor, because you could make this a winter pillow if you use like a snowflake or tree instead of a leaf. I think a snowflake one would be really pretty and perfect for winter! So you can take the idea and really customize it to fit whatever season or style you prefer! My mom made this pillow for her bench on her porch and I thought it was so pretty so she showed me how she did it and it's so easy!



What you will need
- Pillow Form
- Place mat
- Fabric Glue
- Pillow Cover



To make a pillow cover is really easy and making a removable one means you can easily switch out a pillow when the seasons change. To make it all you need to do is cut the fabric (mine is made with muslin) just a few inches larger than your pillow form. Then just sew all of the sides up except for one and on that side place Velcro on it so you can easily take it on and off the pillow form.

Now to start the actual Leaf Pillow, you just need to get a cute place mat like this leaf one that I purchased from WalMart.


Then just flip it over and start to apply some fabric glue. I found it easiest to work in sections like doing a third of the leaf and then gluing it down then lifting up another section placing glue then sticking it down and so on.




Let the glue completely dry for a few hours and then you can put the cover on the pillow and you are done!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images