Gold Painted Hanging Planters

I was out shopping the other weekend and I went into a local home store and saw some really cute hanging planters and I knew I wanted...



I was out shopping the other weekend and I went into a local home store and saw some really cute hanging planters and I knew I wanted them to be my next DIY. 
I think these are so cute and add a simple touch to your room or apartment! You can put some tealights in them or you could plant some succulents in them which is what I plan to do sometime soon. But for now I just made them plain and I love how they look. 

What you will need
- glass bowls, I found mine at the dollar store
- Twine or some string
- Gold gilding or spray paint
- Screw Hooks


Just start buy taping about halfway up the glass bowl with painters tape. Make sure to smooth out all the air bubbles.


Once it is all taped off you can go ahead and paint the bottom half of the bowls. I used gold gilding to do this but you could also spray paint.


You will need to drill two holes across from each other on each bowl. This is the tricky part because you need a drill and also you have to be very careful when drilling through glass. To do this I just looked up on YouTube how to drill in glass and found a great video. Basically you need to get a diamond drill bit from your hardware store and drill the holes under some cold water. Also don't apply any pressure, just let the drill do all of the work.  


Once you have the holes drilled go ahead and tie a piece of string onto each hole. I triple knotted it so it was very secure. Then connect the two pieces of string and tie a loop that will hang onto the hook. I made each of the three bowls different lengths to add some variety.


Then just put your hooks in the ceiling and hang each of the planters from them and you are done! This is such an easy DIY and super inexpensive. All together I spent $3 on this project, when the one I saw at the store was upwards of $100.


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing about Hanging Planters. You Content is really informative us.......


    Hanging Planters
    Unique Hanging Planters
    wooden hanging planters

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images