2016 Vision Board

So last year for New Years I posted a similar post to this one. What a better way to ring in the new year than by making a vision board....



So last year for New Years I posted a similar post to this one. What a better way to ring in the new year than by making a vision board. Put your dreams and goals all in one place so you can look at it everyday and take steps to work toward your goals! I love this idea and I'm very glad I started doing it! This year my friends had a little vision board party that I went to. We made our boards and then shared them letting everyone know our dreams and goals for 2016. Now there is a group that can push you and hold you accountable for your goals. They did this last year as well so before we made ours for 2016 they shared their last year boards and how successful they were at obtaining their goals! I think this is such a cool idea and it's also a lot of fun! So go grab your friends, some food, and drinks and get working on your own 2016 vision board, :)

I'm just going treat this blog post kind of like our vision board party and start by going over my last years board and how well I did with those dreams!

Last year I put words like brave, fearless, strength, confidence, and driven by desire because those were traits that I was striving to have. I do feel like I grew in those areas over the course of 2016. I pushed myself out of my comfort zone and I through 2015 I feel as though I grew a lot more confident in myself. 
I put the photos on there because I wanted to improve my photography and I feel as if it has improved a lot throughout the year. I took more photos and had a lot of cool opportunities for photos as well!
I put the words wonder and discover and a few traveling photos because I wanted to travel. I feel like it was a great year for traveling. I didn't go to any extravagant places because let's face it, I'm a college student but I did make it to a lot of fun places and have a ton of awesome memories. First over spring break my boyfriend and I took a road trip through northern California. We hit Sacramento, San Francisco, and Santa Cruz. My mom and I took a girls trip to Seattle over the summer which was such a fun time. I went to lagoon with one of my best friends and her family. I went to Southern California with my boyfriends family for his birthday and also to go the the Steelers vs. Chargers game. And the last trip of 2015 was to Pittsburgh. We went there for my boyfriends interview and for the Steeler's game!
I also have some pictures of some bloggers because I wanted to blog more and improve my blog. I didn't succeed as this one as much as I would have liked. I went through phases of posting consistently but I wanted to always be posting quality content consistently. So I have that one on my 2016 vision board again!


So now onto my 2016 vision board.



The top right corner is all about traveling because I want to continue traveling in 2016. I want to travel but explore as well. Which just means getting out and about around where I live and going to new places and trying new things. I have two main places I would love to visit this year: New York City and Canada (around the Banff area, but really anywhere!)



The top left corner is about graduating and my career. I would love to find my dream career in marketing, advertising or something to do with design. I want to save my money for my future of moving and also future travels. I also have the goal this year to move states after graduation so that is a huge goal I am working towards. And of course I have the date of May 7 on there because that is the date I graduate college (SO CRAZY!).  

On the right of the middle row I have a quote that says Soak up the Goodness. This is just a reminder to myself to live in the moment and enjoy it. Don't stress about things to come or worry, just be content and enjoy where you are at!

In the middle I have a few random things on there like some drinks because I turn 21 in March. I also have a pizza because even though I still have a goal of eating healthy I still want to do/eat things that I enjoy (primarily pizza). 

On the left side of the middle I have a goal to read my bible more often and also to have a hands on faith and to help other people and to let the light of God shine through me! Those are two things I really need to work on!



On the bottom left side I have my goal of being healthy. I want to work out more and also eat healthier because I have a MAJOR sweet tooth...

I have the word Positivity written on my board because I want to surround myself with positive people and just live a positive life!



My bottom right corner is my creative corner. I again want to take more photos and improve my photography. I want to like I said earlier post consistently throughout the entire year on my blog!


I challenge you all to make your own vision board and make 2016 your best year yet!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. What a great idea! Setting goals are extremely important for challenging yourself and embarking upon new and exciting things!

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images