DIY Bikinis

Hey guys! I'm so excited for today's DIY. To kick start the summer season I thought it would be a lot of fun to make some bikinis...


Hey guys! I'm so excited for today's DIY. To kick start the summer season I thought it would be a lot of fun to make some bikinis for a lot less than  you can buy them for. Recently I have been looking for some new bikinis for the summer and I have found so many that I love but they are all so expensive. I thought it would be fun to recreate some of them for A LOT less! All of these only cost me $5.00 to make, which is insanely cheap! This DIY is a little bit different than the others I have posted on this blog because I have created a YouTube channel! I thought it would be really fun to make videos that can go along with my blog because I feel like sometimes it's easier to follow when you can watch a video. So for this DIY I filmed two of the swimsuits and then did one of them in pictures for the blog. I have the video linked down below so you can see how I created the other two swimsuits.



For this bikini top you will need:
  • Triangle Bikini Top- I purchased all of these at Walmart for only $5.00
  • Fabric scissors
This bikini top was really easy and it just adds a little bit of detailing to a boring regular triangle bikini top!

The first thing you can do it to create a triangle stencil to use. I tried this at first but then decided it would just be easier to free hand. So as you can see in the picture below I just drew with a pen on the back of the suit two triangles with a strip in between.



Next you just have to cut out each triangle making sure you are leaving the strip in the middle


I went a head and cut the back layers off so they wouldn't show. Then you are done! So easy, and you have now added a small detail to your suit that makes it not so boring anymore!

Be sure to check out my YouTube video to see how to make the black and the white bikini tops!

















You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images